Navigating to hidden sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating to hidden sections

I have created a new section that i dont want to appear on the website, i just want it to be accessed by people that have been giving the link. I have made the section containing the products i want in it, then i have marked the section as "Hidden on website".

When i try to get into that page by typing in the link the page is not displayed, when connecting to my FTP to look for the page it is not uploaded, however if i untick the "hide section" box the page can be viewed as you would expect!

Should the hidden sections still be accessable via a direct link or am i missing something?

No, 'Hidden' in this context means actinic hides it from the visitor(i.e. doesn't upload it and doesn't link to it).

It's most useful for creating products until you get it right or hiding a product or section that may be temporarily unavailable.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

So what would be the best method of having some sections only visable to customers i give a direct link to?

Comment

This thread might give you some ideas: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5566

or try searching for 'hidden pages'. There are a bunch on previous threads on this.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X