HELP! How do I remove quick search!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! How do I remove quick search!?

Since re-installing on my PC (post-viri) I seem to have the "Quick Search" on my catalogue pages and it's cutting short my scrolling menu beneath it (see www.chariotsonhire.co.uk/acatalog to see what I mean!)
    How do I switch this setting off?
    I wouldn't mind except you can't see the whole of my menu now!
    TIA, Tracey (who had even MORE trouble with her V5 installation!!)
    Tracey

edit act_primary look for netquotevar:simplesearch either comment it out or remove it

Comment

Thanks for that, I've done that but it still leaves the big gap under the logo and I can't seem to move the menu up.
      (have tried deleting some <br> but it made no difference so I put them back in (don't know what I'm doing , hate meddling with templates!))
      Could someone look at my Act_primary to see if they can spot the problem, please?
      Thanks
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

What you now have to do is edit the menu itself. The position where the menu starts on the page is set there.

edit norcascade_pop_data.js in notepad

look for this line (do a search for firsttop)

var firsttop = 85; // top position

yours won't say 85 the figure will be higher.

try something like 200, then save the file, see how it looks and try again until it looks how you want

Comment

I see you've done that......

just to make it 100% better, the menu would look better if it were centred under your logo. To me it looks a little bit wonky.

to do this locate var firstleft = 5; this is just above the firsttop

add 10 to the value you have and see the result, you may have to fddle abit more to get it just right

Comment

Thanks, Jo
            that was very helpful!
            It looks much better now the menu is higher. I'm not sure what went wrong previously and where the quick search appeared from!
            Ho hum...this is why I don't *do* upgrades....
            I'm dreading V7 coming out as I know I want to upgrade BB and it's gonna be a nightmare!

Don't suppose I could pay someone else to do it for me?
            Tracey

Comment

Working...
            X