Version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 7

People interested in v7 of Actinic, as I am, will be very interested in the latest Internet Works mag which reviews it (July 04, out to subscribers 7May04). Most interesting, and I'm looking forward to it!

Only one question: When will it be ready?
    Matthew

Is the cat out of the bag on the feature list and improvements then hey

Think plenty of people are looking forward to v7, which is probably not that long away from being available, but we would not want Actinic to rush it out the door due to demand for it, at the sake of good code, so me thinks that the extra time that Actinic is taking to test all these things is good for them, us and everyone else looking at moving to Actinic or moving along the upgrade path with it to v7

Comment

I've just subscribed (to the electronic version) and it says the july edition is out on the 12th, which is literally days away! Can't you tell us what the extra features are now ?

Can you give us a clue to the release date? and the likely selling price (will it be roughly the same as v6)? how much will the upgrade from v6 to v7 be?

I want to start building my new site, so I need to know if it's going to be released soon... or if there is a low upgrade cost I'll just buy v6 now and upgrade later... or maybe I can try the 30 day v6 demo now, and upgrade if released in the next 30 days...?

Will it be pretty straightforward to upgrade v6 to v7 or is it going to require some major rework?
      John

Comment

I think it is Actinic's place to say what is in it, but the article basically says (IIRC) that it is an incremental update with some good new things. Thus I'd say v6 to v7 will be an easy upgrade. They are keeping the prices the same but now including the accounting integration and download option as standard in the Business (not Catalog) versions. There are nice things like being able to have a test site too for easy testing.

Me, I'm looking forward to it (I just bought v6 developer and already had the maintenance for upgrades). Not a revolution, but things like the discount coupons will be lovely to have.
        Matthew

Comment

Discount vouchers - woo hoo - about time!

Could actinic clarify if the vouchers can be restricted to certain products/sections? (eg. "you can have £5.00 off any product, except the doohickies").
          John

Comment

In answer to your specific question about limiting coupons to particular groups of products, the answer is yes.

Keep an eye on the forums later this week for news about all the details of the new features in v7.

Comment

Will V7 have a feature that automatically makes customers pay on time?
              www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Will V7 have a feature that automatically makes customers pay on time?
                Or one to stop people trying to pay twice ;-).

Regards
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ahem...yes

That's what happens when you ask a Chartered Accountant (Me) to get involved with paying invoices.

Fortunately the Mole End Accounts Department were on the ball.

btw Jan - the Customer Allocation utility works a treat

Jim

Originally posted by Jan
                  Or one to stop people trying to pay twice ;-).

Regards
                  www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Has anyone read the artical mentioned above, if so, what's the news!
                    Ian
                    Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Has anyone read the artical mentioned above, if so, what's the news!
                      No, but I have some advice - don't subscribe to internet works magasine!

Earlier in the post it was mentioned the mag is available to subscribers on 07-MAY, the site says it is available in the shops from 12-May. I subscribed electronically to the downloadedable 'digital' version thinking that as a 'subscriber' I would get it straight away.

However, I didn't. and when it didn't turn up on the 12th either I chased it and they said it takes about another 10 days for the electronic version to come out! useless!

So if anyone else has read it please post details...
                      John

Comment

...its getting close to the end of the week...so not long to go now Chris?

Jim
                        www.tutor2u.net

Originally posted by cdicken
                        In answer to your specific question about limiting coupons to particular groups of products, the answer is yes.

Keep an eye on the forums later this week for news about all the details of the new features in v7.
                        www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

so not long to go now Chris?
                          You're not wrong.

Let's just say you'll have plenty to play with over the weekend...

Comment

Working...
                          X