Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden sections

HHMM!! a slight dilemma.....

my latest actinic project is a clothes shop, with 100's of products and thousands of permutations.

So theres 2 features of catalog I'd like to utilise, one is the next/previous method of navigation so I can limit each product page to 10 products, and the other is stock control.

Easy so far.....

but the next/previous feature treats hidden sections as if they were not hidden( a bug I hope)

stock control with components requires the use of hidden sections

Any ideas??

Ho Jo,

If your clothes shop uses Top 2 Toe (much used in Fashion Footwear & Sports trade) as their existing EOPS / stock system then I've got a program that builds the Actinic site from their existing data. It deals automatically with all the permutations of sizes and colours.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

The shop is a brand new venture, no physical shop, no physical stock

It needs stock control when stocks run low at the end of the season

Comment

Understood. Fashion type products are usually a pain a it's usually not possible to re-order so real-time stock control is important. Is that the case with your products.

Norman

Comment

Back to your main problem regarding hidden sections. Can't you just have the hidden items in a section well away from the products you are displaying so it doen't get into the back / Next sequence.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman

Unfortunately not!

The problem with the previous and next is that catalog doesn't discriminate between hidden and non-hidden sections, so wherever your hidden section is there will be a prev and next to it somewhere!!

Comment

And of course hidden sections are a useful feature in simply removing stuff from the online catalog whilst not having to remove then from the database

Comment

Very true

And my only suggestion would be to consolidate your hidden sections at the very bottom level of your store so that the next/previous section links cannot take customers to them.

Comment

Is there any chance that the issue with prev/next showing hidden sections can be fixed?

Surely this is a bug?

Comment

I have reported it as a bug.

Comment

Working...
                    X