Search Results Page Not displaying correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results Page Not displaying correctly

I am having a slight problem with the search results page, it is not displaying my top navigation menu correctly,

The actual page, search.html is ok, it's just when the results are returned that there are a few anomalies that I would like to correct.

I know the results page is created at runtime and is called ss000002.pl and consists of the two templates, Act_ResultsTemplate and Act_SearchTemplate, but how can I correct the main "template" that creates the page?

Any ideas?

Regards
    Peter

The 'main' template that creates the page will be the default overall layout template for your store. This is normally called 'Act_Primary.html' and can be accessed via 'Design | Options | Layouts'.

What 'anomaly' are you experiencing? If you give a URL we may be able to advise further.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      The temp site address is http://212.125.70.254/actinic/

Do a search, (some examples, "wax", "vest", "jacket", "tweed", "quilt")

When the results are displayed, the bottom red bar (set with a stylesheet), just above the items ordered section in the top righthand corner is missing as is the quick search box,

Regards
      Peter

ps.. we are awaiting new clothing shots from the client, these will replace the exisiting ones in the catalog.

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH does not work on the search results page - but never fear. You can hard-code the fully generated HTML code for the quick search box into the overall layout template (rather than using the variable) and so never be without it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris,

I have managed to fix the error, when the search results are displayed the simple search box is not displayed thus leaving an empty table cell, I placed a "ampersand nbsp;" after the NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH and it works ok now.
          Thanks for your help.

peter

Comment

Working...
          X