Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

norcascade font changes

Hi,

I have used norcascade for the navigation (many thanx to Norman, fantastic script) however I carnt seem to change the font size and colour.

Probably missing something very simple but I have tried changing the font size and colours in the styles tab of norcascade but it doesn’t reflect in the site can anyone tell me why and how to make the changes

Many thanx

John

P.S. site is http://www.telecomreview.ltd.uk/

You have more than one reference to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="pop_style.css" />

In the page at http://www.telecomreview.ltd.uk/

One of them is incorrectly in the <body> area of the page. There should only be one line just above the </HEAD> tag.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your reply, I have removed the extra line...opps and checked the other is placed directly above the head tag however no joy......I can still change the borders and everything else though just not the text.........any ideas

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Ahah. I think I found it. try putting the font-face bit in double quotes.

e.g.

.lowText { text-decoration: none; color: #000000; font: 12px "Arial, Helvetica"; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle }

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,

This is a little more confusing, I included the " " in the lines as you suggested, however this changed the font style to the style in the actinic css not the style specified in norcascade additionally it did not reflect the size changes specified in norcascade.

Seeing this I changed the font style and sizes for the links in the actinic css, this changed the font style but not the size..........very

I thought while I was there I would change the css in the pop_style created by norcascade to see what happens, no changes were reflected in the site.

Is it possible to be my installation? I appreciate your help and realise you must be very busy, therefore if it is likely to be my installation rather than a glitch would taking it off and reinstalling it again be the easiest way to resolve the problem?

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Wierd. Both font face and size worked for me when I tried adding those double quotes. Also the the CSS spec' doesn't require double quotes but IE seems to need them.

Also you don't have to follow my style exactly.

As long as the style starts with

.lowText {

and ends with

}

you can have as much css in there as you like and perhaps replace the general purpose FONT tag with a collection of font related ones.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,

daft question 101 coming, what is "the general purpose FONT tag with a collection of font related ones" any chance in an example of suggested changes?

I know this is going to be really basic, in my defence Im pretty much self taught.....trial and error.....more error then trial

kind regards

John

Comment

the reason you put a small list of fonts is to cover the fonts that people have on their machines.

ie if you want to use a font that is not standard to windows you can, but you then follow it up with standard fonts. This ensures that as a designer you ensure that your chosen fonts are used rather than the customer's Pc's default

standard fonts that you can rely on to be installed include

arial, verdana, helvetica, sans serif.

timesnewroman, courier, serif

note the sans serif and serif this refers to the groups of fonts and is there as a catch all

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I seem to have found the problem but have no idea what to do about it.

It would appear that by having a link to the actinic css file conflicts with the settings from norcascade.......or it does is on my site doh! if I remove the link to actinic css norcascade works perfectly, if I include a link to actinic css on any of the layout templates ie. primary, brochure primary etc it starts to have problems with the text settings, has anyone else had this problem and worked around it?

many thanx to anyone who can help.

John

Comment

Fixed!

Hi there,

i know this is a old thread.. more than a year old. But i would just like to recommend ppl to search this forum. As i have found that most ppl have had the same problems as me.

I had this Problem wiht font changes.

and i found that the Actinic style sheet was changing the norcascade. As i had anchored it into tabel. This meant that it was getting the font size and colour from actinic style sheet.

Code:
                    a:visited{
                    color:NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLORCSS;
                    font-size:xx-small;
                    text-decoration:none;
                    }

a:hover{
                    color:NETQUOTEVAR:HLINKCOLORCSS;
                    font-size:xx-small;
                    text-decoration:underline;
                    }

a:active{
                    color:NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLORCSS;
                    font-size:x-small;
                    text-decoration:none;
                    }
                    Althoguht u can font style from norcascade, and boldness. I found that double "" didn't override the A: Tags.

So i hope this will help someone. It fixed mine.. but is there ne way of overriding these A tags with the CSS code in Norcascade?

Cheers
                    Ben

Comment

many thanx

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Working...
                      X