Importing Excel Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Excel Spreadsheet

I am importing an excel spreadsheet and have listed in it sections and subsections. I know the section maps to the section text field in actinic but where does the subsection map to?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Hi Owen,

Under your Section Text column in your spreadsheet you need to split your sections and sub sections with a pipe sympol ( | )

For example:

Section Text

CARS | ford | fiesta
    CARS | ford | ka
    CARS | bmw | 3 series
    CARS | bmw | 5 series

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Works a treat thanks. Now all I need to know is where do I map choices to? For instance item A is available in sizes S, M & L.

Cheers
      Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

I'm afraid it is not possible to import choices with a flat file due to the complexity.
        To import product permutations you will need to create a hierarchical file. I recommend you take a look at, Importing - hierarchical file in the Help Topics | Index.
        I also suggest you to export your existing catalog so you can get a feel of how your import file should be set out. To export a hierarchical file go to File | Export and follow the wizard.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Choices cannot be imported via a normal spreadsheet. You would need to create a 'hierarchical import file'.

If you search for this on the forum you will find out a bit more about these. They are also detailed in the main help in the application in 'Importing and Exporting | Importing - Hierarchical File' and there are some examples of them in your 'Site1' folder.

Comment

Working...
          X