Crazy Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Idea

My site www.collectandplay.com uses Actinic for the shop, however I've written a number of utilities that work outside of actinic but are trying to link to products inside the shop.

For example, a game I have written allows people to play with the cards I sell as well as go to the shop and purchase them.

I would like to create cart items within the game/utilities I have written, and then allow the Actinic checkout facilities to manage the sale.

Anybody know how to go about doing this?

Adam
    http://www.collectandplay.com

Hi Adam

The best way to do this would be for you to create a link straight to a specific product in your store. Then they could view that cards as a product and then add them to the shopping cart...

Its is explained in the following knowledge base article here

Hope that helps

Comment

What about adding an item to the shopping cart? I don't want to move away from Actinic, but DO want the ability to have people add products through the utilities I have written.

Adam

Comment

There is an article on our knowledge base that explains a way you can add a product to the shopping cart from anywhere on the site here.

Otherwise, the article I mentioned earlier, would take customers straight to the specific product on your store, where there would be an add to cart button.

Does that help

Comment

Hi James,
          Thanks for the help. I don't think it helps me.

What I sell are cards that a built up into decks. Decklist are a key component of articles and the gaming community and change on a regular basis.

I want somebody to be able to click on a 'buy this deck' button and have the whole deck (up to 75 individual cards) added to their cart.

I don't want them to have to go through a process of clicking on a link. I'm also NOT going into the Actinic DB to extract section information.

I really just want to run a script that adds 4 of productid A, and 3 of product B to the cart. In effect I want to pass in a list of productids and quantities and have them automatically added to the cart, then show them the cart.

None of this interactive screen stuff.

Adam

Comment

I really just want to run a script that adds 4 of productid A, and 3 of product B to the cart. In effect I want to pass in a list of productids and quantities and have them automatically added to the cart, then show them the cart.
            If that's really what you want then Actinic can't do it.

But you could create a product consisting of those items as components.

It might be possible to create a button outside of Actinic that replicates the action of the 'add to cart' button inside actinic. The thing to remember is that you'd have to include all the form functions (including hidden elements) and some of these might be randomised and get re-generated on each refresh.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X