Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital watermarking - digimarc ?

Hello all,

I have searched the forum and found one thread on watermarking but I want to go one step further. I am about to put images of original artwork on my actinic shop and the artist is demanding the highest protection.

I have looked at www.digimarc.com and it seems to be the answer, it offers web tracking to see whos stolen your images and im wondering if anyone has any experience of using it ?

Cheers

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

We looked at digimarc for www.srcpics.com but found it was really expensive.

We just created a batch command in Photoshop/Picture Publisher and ran that in our folder of images.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I'm using DigiMarc on some of our pictures. Seems to work well, though I'm not sure how good their web crawler service really is at finding sites using my images. It is expensive but at least you can prove your copyright if something does go wrong.

Rob

Comment

The expense is something I will have to suffer, the artist will not be happy if his artwork appears for sale on other sites although I have told him that if he sells original prints it is inevitable that some form of bootlegging will take place eventually.

Rob, im looking at this service 'mypicturemarc' with the introduction offer of tracking. What concerns me is the 'introduction' bit, does it mean a limited trial that will run out quickly ?

The cost is $499

Cheers

Mick
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Mick,

I went for the imagebridge silver & MarcSpider for a couple of hundred dollars. As I said before, I'm not sure the spider is that great though its probably better at me than checking thousands of pages for my images! Have you thought of things like disabling the right click of the mouse to make it more difficult for them to save the image? This won't stop anyone determined but will stop the masses.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Barnes
            Mick,

Have you thought of things like disabling the right click of the mouse to make it more difficult for them to save the image? This won't stop anyone determined but will stop the masses.

Rob

You dont have to be that determined, you only have to press " ctrl c ", look in the web cache or press the " print screen " button and paste into a paint program

David
            David

Comment

Working...
            X