never ending problem with bounce pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never ending problem with bounce pages

please please please can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, i a trying to make my website go straight to the checkout after someone has added to the cart, i follwed the instructions here but it hasnt worked at all, the code tells you to alter this piece of text:

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
    VALUE="cgi-bin-url/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start%21" TARGET="_self">

so i did and changed it to this:
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
    VALUE="http://www.peaksensors.com/cgi-bin/osnnnnnn.pl?ACTION=Start%21" TARGET="_self">

but when i try to add it in the properties folder it still wont let me do it without giving a value? but the instructions mention nothing about this, should the value be a number or another piece of code?

please help me i would be extremely grateful

Hi Julie,

VALUE="http://www.peaksensors.com/cgi-bin/osnnnnnn.pl?ACTION=Start%21" TARGET="_self">
    have you changed the "nnnnnn" to your script ID number?

Normally it's 000001. You can check this in Advance | Network Setup.

i try to add it in the properties folder it still wont let me do it without giving a value
    Are you talking about adding the custom property within the Product Details, Properties tab?

If yes the value should be Autocheckout.html

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

hi, thanks for your advice, i changed the codes back to how they originally were with the exception of the URL cgi bin address as in network setup, but now the catalog lets you add a product to the cart but when you get there it no longer bounces pages anywhere and tells you to press back in the browser twice to get to the catalogue.

any ideas what i have done wrong now?

Comment

Did you restore Act_SingleCartButton.html back to the original template? You can get the template from C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\v614DNNA\Formats\Themes\Business.
        Did you also remove the custom property?

Do you still get the problem if you change your shopping mode?
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Julie, I've tested this and it worked fine for me. You may have needed to replace 'Start%21' with 'Start'.

Check the attached file - it includes the two customised files mentioned in the knowledge base article, and it has a few screenshots as well.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Here's the attachment....
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X