Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - the input is null

Hi All,

I have been having "ERROR - the input is null" messages when I get to the end of the order process at www.manshopuk.com

Reading through the posts for this error I see that this seems to be something that has suddenly happened with a problem with IE6.0.28 etc. I installed the required fix from M$ but get the same error. Ocasionally I get the "page not found error. If I click Back and then hit the button to complete the order again, it works fine.

This is obviously not a good state of affairs - I cant expect my customers to go off to M$ to find a download and install it when they want to complete their order. They will just go elsewhere. Why is this happening Now?? Why was it fine before and not now. The only thing I have changed is moving the site from Fasthosts to Donhost. This transition has worked fine with other actinic shops. Could this be a reason?

The workaround put forward is just that, an invitation for peple to go and get this fix, not really a great solution for customers. I installed the fix, restarted the machine and the problem still exists!!

Is there anything else I may try?? please do visit www.manshopuk.com and see what happens with you.

Cheers for any help received.

Grant

I found this happened when I had old session files/incomplete orders on the server.

Try deleting them
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Cheers Gary

How do I do this?? Is it something you do in Actinic or on the server via FTP??

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Further

I am not running SSL, if this helps diagnose the problem.

It is being quite consistent at the moment, with it working only after you have hit the back button and tried again....

Help

Cheers

Grant

Comment

You need to do it via FTP
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Gary

Where are files kept and how do I know if they are old or incomplete orders etc???

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Just placed an order on your store (CT38HD10000003 - sorry - I should have gone for something smaller as a test order but the suits looked good).

The actual Actinic store bit works fine. There is a problem, however, with you using a frame for your store.

Your frameset file is on http://www.manshopuk.com/ but the Actinic store is located at http://manshop.livesol.co.uk/. This leads to IE6 blocking what it sees as 'third-party cookies'. In other words, it won't let the scripts on manshop.livesol.co.uk set a cookie when the page in the browser is located at www.manshopuk.com.

You need to either get rid of the frames, or place your Actinic store on the www.manshopuk.com server.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that - we are moving the rest of the site so it all sits on the one server, but am now having major problems with the checkout section.

After entering the CC details and hitting next - the thing hangs. The same applies to sending CC details seperatly. It just hangs and goes nowhere.

Thoughts??

Cheers for any help.

Grant

Comment

I can't reproduce the error from my end. It works perfectly for me.

I placed a test order with a number of CD38HD10000024.

Comment

Working...
                  X