Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCRIPTING issue ....

Hi All,

After many weeks dealing with fasthosts concerning configuration I have managed to get my store to work correctly on their linux servers, only to come up against another problem with cgi scripts not working properly. Fashosts support have emailed the results from their manual test on all the scripts, which they say all had internal server errors. They are saying that it points toward the path to perl being incorrect. On FAsthosts actinic details the path to perl is /usr/bin/perl which is what I have in my network settings. Also when I test my network settings they come up as successful. On the face of it everything concerning the actinic side of things works perfectly. So I am at a bit of a loss. This is the reply from fashosts tech supp.

"RE: firecraka.co.uk

I have investigated the problem with Actinic on your site, and discovered the following error when trying to execute the scripts directly from bash in SSH.

[domain619550@ssh5 cgi-bin]$ ./ss000001.pl
    Missing right curly or square bracket at ao000001.pm line 8992, at end of line
    syntax error at ao000001.pm line 8992, at EOF
    Compilation failed in require at ./ss000001.pl line 36.

The error suggests that the ao000001.pm is somehow truncated or corrupted. Our advise is to contact Actinic, although it may be advisable to try re-uploading the catalog as it is a problem with the actual files that have been uploaded."

Can anyone help with this.

Also the link to the site is http://www.firecraka.co.uk

Appreciate all the cracking advice on this forum.

Thanks for your time.

Rich jacob
    firecraka

This refers to the file ActinicOrder.pm in your Site1 folder. When this file is uploaded to your site all comments and blank lines are stripped out by Actinic and the file is renamed to be ao000001.pm in your servers cgi-bin directory.

You'd have to look at the ao000001.pm file and see if it is indeed truncated. The line number reported is a bit wierd as ao000001.pm is only 5337 (approx) lines long.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hi norman

I have downloaded a Perl editor and opened up the file ao000001.pm. The last line number is 8991 in this script. But there is a lot of other info text in the script. Can you tell me what I might be looking for in this script...or can I send you it?

Thanks for your time Norman.

Kind regards
      rich Jacob
      firecraka multimedia ltd

Comment

Ahah. The large line count is because you don't have Compact HTML/CGI checked (in Design / Options / Miscellaneous).

Here are the last few lines of my ao000001.pm

Code:
        sub GetDeliveryParentRegionCode
        	{
        	if	(defined $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE} &&									# if the delivery region is present
        	   $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE} ne '' &&										# and the delivery state is undefined
        	   $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE} ne $ActinicOrder::UNDEFINED_REGION)	# and the delivery state is undefined
        		{
        		return(GetParentRegionCode($::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE}));
        		}
        	return('');
        	}

##############################################################################################################
        #
        # ActinicLocations package - End
        #
        ##############################################################################################################

1;
        Have a look at the end of your file (the one from cgi-bin) and see if it looks the same.

There is a possibility that your ActinicOrder.pm is corrupt. You can always find the original in C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Original

Another possibility is that you have some funny characters in a NETQUOTEVAR that is being used in ActinicOrder.pm causing invalid Perl to be created.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

All I can say is ...Thankyou thankyou thankyou, your advice was spot on. The actinicorder.pm file was corrupted so I copied the original and now everything is working 100%.

Thanks again norman, and thanks to all the other great help I have received here.

I have definately learnt some very useful troubleshooting that will no doubt help me in the future.

Kindest Regards.
          Rich Jacob
          firecraka multimedia ltd

Comment

Working...
          X