Showing Auto Ref. Numbers on Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Auto Ref. Numbers on Orders

I am currently using Automated reference numbering for all the products on our site, in other words it just uses the database entry number. I maintain a product spreadsheet (which will eventually become a simple searchable database) that refers each reference number, with the product description, to a suppliers part number. The trouble is the item descriptoin that shows up when orders come in doesn't include the item reference in the order handling section unless you open each item.

Is there any way to have order references show up on stuff without having to enter each reference number by hand?
    --

Mark Benson

Famous Four Webmaster

So you want the suppliers part number shown up on dispatch notes and invoices?

Comment

No i just want the catalog number to show up on the orders and invoices, we have a strict policy regarding disclosure of supplier details.

Basically every item has a number, and I want that number to show up on the orders so we can find the items nore quickly.
      --

Mark Benson

Famous Four Webmaster

Comment

Do you have Hide Product References in Online Catalog set (View / Business Settings / Options)?

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The 'Hide Product Reference in Catalog' and 'Show Product Reference During Editing' options are unavaiable if 'Auto Generate Product References' is turened on, hence my dilema.
          --

Mark Benson

Famous Four Webmaster

Comment

I don't think that you can do this, basically the product presumes that if you have the auto-generate product references option set that you are not interested in seeing them.

You could switch this option off (and check the option for show product references when editing catalog) when you are processing orders and then switch it on before uploading or printing invoices.
            Basically every item has a number, and I want that number to show up on the orders so we can find the items nore quickly.
            How do you 'find' the items, if you use the packing list to perform the lookup you could customise the report to always show product references - or copy it and install it as a user defined report to have two versions, one with the reference showing for you and leave the standard one without for the customer. (There is also an outstanding products reports that is a sort of picking list which you could change)

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

In that case, is there any *easy* (i.e. quick and not to time consuming) way to import the manufacturers part numbers (which are currently matched to the reference numbers in an external spreadswheet so the cross referencing is already done) via an import from CSV or something?
              I am thingking maybe a table consisting of a column catalog references and a column of suppliers numbers. If I caqn stop the suppliers numbers showing on any customer material thenm this would be a feasible and very helpful method.
              --

Mark Benson

Famous Four Webmaster

Comment

Where do you want the numbers to show?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Basically *not* on any customer material such as e-mails and invoices or the website, but we do need it on packing lists and internal references so we can find the stuff in the stores or place orders for it with suppliers.

If I can work out how to import the supplier's part number onto the records it's a big start. Eradicating it from the customer materials is a fairly minor step after that right?
                  --

Mark Benson

Famous Four Webmaster

Comment

The obvious place to put the information would be in the product reference, you could change it to <ref/supplier>. You would have to change your catalog to stop using generated product reference. You can't do this with Actinic import as this requires the product reference to match those on your catalog.

You could do this fairly easily using access, you could link to your current spreadsheet and write an update SQL query to update the actinic product reference.

You could then modify the packing list report to always show the product reference and leave the 'Show references in catalog unchecked' to prevent it appearing elsewhere.

It's not to hard to edit the packing list be you have to have a copy of crystal reports to do it.

Another alternative would be to add it to a field that isn't used in emails (such as P.O. Number) and then take these out of the invoices. The thing to watch for is the emails, you have no control over the order information shown in the emails so you have to work around them. The reports can be changed.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                    X