Adding a message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a message

I want visitors to add a message to specific products. These are gifts and the message will be hand written to accompany the gift.

However, it appears that the only way which I can achieve this is by including "Quantities" on the page. This I don't want.

You can see an example at:
    Despatch Boxes Family Section

Compare this to the way it should be:
    Despatch Boxes Baby Section

Any ideas anyone?

Try adding a prompt. Should be no need for Qty on product page
    Attached Files
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Nope!
      I can see where your coming from, but I can only add a prompt when there is a quantity on the page.

To see what I mean, take a look at "Despatch Cat and Gorgeous Chocolate" on
      Check here

If I make the Section anything other than "Quantity on Product Page", The prompt "Please add your message" and the box disappear.

Comment

It is not that they disappear - it is just that they don't appear until you add the product to the shopping cart.

It's all or nothing I'm afraid. The other info prompt will always appear wherever the quantity is specified.

It is possible, however, to replace the quantity field with a hidden form field. This is done by replacing:

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

in your product layout template with:

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY -->
        <input type="text" size="10" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">

Comment

Working...
        X