component pricing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component pricing problem

I have been reading other threads on this subject. I am trying to do it right but it doesn't work right now.

It seems simple - I have 4 colours of a product. 2 of them have the same price and both the 3rd and 4th have different prices. I have set up a component. In permutations, I have set the price. Pricing is through "sum of product & components".

The problem is that the price always comes through as the product only price.

I am stuck! I put screen dumps of the relevant screens on the following page, along with the actual product at the bottom of the section on this page: http://www.silveretc.co.uk/acatalog/Test.html

Thanks for any help/ comments.

David

On your 3rd screen dump where it says "Product" you click the cell and choose the related product from the list. You might need to expand the cell width
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary. I tried this. I may not have done it right as it still doesn't work.
      I created 4 new products (hidden on site) as you can see on the same page ( http://www.silveretc.co.uk/acatalog/Test.html ) under screen dump "expanded product V2". Each of these hidden products was given the correct product price. Then I chose these products in the permutations, product column as shown as "Component - permutation V2".
      Everything else remains unchanged.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Try the prcing colum in the component screen (where you chose the product).

Must admit I still get tied up with this sometimes
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with what you've done.

You could try doing it another way which I always use for this kind of setup.

- use your V2 version
          - Set the product pricing to be 'sum of components'
          - Then use 'component' rather than 'override' for pricing in 'permutations'

this way you can also set it up so that only the component name shows up in the cart and receipt. It's much neater.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

- use your V2 version
            I would do something similar to this.

I would set the 'Pricing Model' of the product to 'Sum of Component Prices'.

I would then enter the FULL price of each choice within the relevant rows in the 'Permutations' tab.

See if this helps at all.

Excellent use of Actinic for the screenshots by the way. It has made helping you so much easier. Most of the time I am working blind.

Comment

First of all - thanks to you all for your help!

Sorry for being obtuse Gary, but I wasn't sure what you meant:
              Try the prcing colum in the component screen (where you chose the product).
              Olderscot:
              I can't see anything wrong with what you've done.
              Perhaps overstepping the mark, but I can't either. One thing that does make me wonder is I have tried to replicate the example in the booklet "Getting started with Actinic Ecommerce" and I can't get it to work on my site either. Anyway, presuming I am getting something wrong in that, I was looking at your suggestions:
              - use your V2 version
              From the pop up help for permutations screen it says "if component pricing is selected in the pricing field then the permutation will use the price entered in the component tab".
              However, since the different choices require different prices, I don't think this is the solution. (I do like the component being displayed in the cart though! ).
              Having said all this, I did try it - only making the changes listed (I left the price in component tab as £0 as I wasn't sure) - product listed as "Product 22- Olderscot" in the OLDERSCOT subsection of the page.
              No Price carries through when ordering (say) Blue Topaz.
              OLDERSCOT

CDicken:
              I tried what you suggested. I removed the the linked products from the permutations page as I presumed they were unnecessary once this was done. Likewise to above comments, I wondered that the price would then be taken from the component tab (currently set at £0) over-riding the price entered in the Price column. (Incidentally, I also tried Associated Product before removing the products and that didn't work either!) The current product is listed in the subsection C_DICKEN.
              No Price carries through when ordering (say) Blue Topaz.
              CDICKEN

I have added lots of graphics!

David

Comment

Hi David,

Sorry, but I left out one step which I think is what Chris was suggesting.

Here's the full list again as I'm not sure where starting from on this.

1. Create a hidden product for each variant. Give each one the correct price.

a) Create the master product.
                b) Set the pricing to sum of components.
                c) Set up the permutations and use the associated product for each component.
                d) in permutations set the pricing to be 'component' and it will automatically take the price from the associated product.

Mike

This is so much easier to do than describe

Comment

d) in permutations set the pricing to be 'component' and it will automatically take the price from the associated product.
                  Mike - I think you meant to say you set the 'Pricing' column to 'Associated Product Prices'...

Comment

Thanks Chris. You're right as always.

Mike

Comment

Hi there

I thought all the examples were getting clogged up, so I have created 2 new products X1 and Y1 that can be seen at X1 page and Y1 Page respectively. They are created using the full list from OLDERSCOT with the update from CDICKEN.
                      I created both from scratch. X1 and Y1 have different associated products so they have no chance of interfering with eachother. However, they only really vary in that Y1 has had the tick removed from the box "Component marked as separate order line". I thought I would show this since it leads to a different result in the shopping cart (can be seen on either webpage).

I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my installation of Actinic Catalog v6.1.4.0.0.0.DNNA since I don't think this should be so complicated. Do you think this is possible?

Thanks for help.
                      David

Comment

There definitely seems to be something strange going on.

I think you should get actinic support involved. Maybe Chris can tell you who to send a site snapshop to so they can take a look at it.

Mike

Comment

Sounds good to me. Just did a snapshot with that in mind. 10Mb (13 errors apparently, though I don't know what they are ).

Comment

If you click the 'Details' button on the snapshot you get a list of the errors.

Rather than posting them here, just register an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team will request the snapshot and and check it out.

When you register the support request, ensure you include a link to this thread.

Comment

Technical Support?

As suggested I contacted technical support. I followed a few suggestions and was then asked to make a snapshot and email it in. However, as the snapshot is greater than 10Mb I was unable to email it. Since the 24th of May I have been asking what else I can do to get the snapshot to technical support, and have had no response, despite several emails from me.
                              I did get an email on the 26th asking "Have you been able to send us your site snapshot, so we can try resolving the problem in the price display? If you need any clarification or assistance please do not hesitate in contacting us." This is strange as I have been replying by email (not mis-typing the email address).
                              On 27th May I raised another support query, to try and re-establish contact outwith email. I have had no response to this either.

Has anyone any suggestions?

David

Comment

Working...
                              X