Testing V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing V7

OK, points for stating the obvious to the thick boy..

downloaded the beta of v7, installed, let it take my site so i can see what v7 is like with it.. and its asking for an authorization key, put in my v6.0 key, no joy.....

obviously i want to see how v7 reacts to my v6 site, what am i doing wrong then?? is there a key i'm missing to activate the trial as the evaluate button is greyed out...

answers on a postcard please to.......

S
    Classico UK - www.classicouk.com
    The Filmstore - www.thefilmstore.com
    fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

You need to choose 30 day trial.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

yeah.. i guessed that it needed to be that in the evaluation section, but mines greyed out so i can't select anything but the software version...

did i miss something on the install.. i hope i don't have to re-install the trial as my sites chuffin huge...

S
      fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

Comment

Hi there

Thats unusual, i would suggest in emailing V7.Beta.bugs@actinic.co.uk with regards to this issue

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Are you choosing a version and then clicking the "Evaluate" button?

Chris

Comment

i'm trying to but the evalute button is always locked out

S

Comment

Weird. I can only think that it's a bug which has appeared because you unsucessfully tried a key first.

I suggest that you try uninstalling and then re-installing.

Chris

Comment

ok.. will attempt that..

cheers for all your help...

i'll let u know the results....

S

Comment

Did you select to upgrade version 6 - or to do a fresh install.

I would recommend a fresh install.

Comment

OK Ian.. am just installing the first install of the beta..

with ref to you saying "upgrade or fresh install" to test it with my current site, are u saying i should import it after as opposed to do an upgrade in the first instance??

S

Comment

with ref to you saying "upgrade or fresh install" to test it with my current site, are u saying i should import it after as opposed to do an upgrade in the first instance??
                      I would just play around with a fresh install of v7 first to familiarise yourself with it. Then I would transfer a snapshot from v6 into v7 and see how you get on.

Comment

Working...
                      X