X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra charge for service offered

Hi again

i have v6.1.4 business.

What i would like to do is in checkout add a line of text and a box that if ticked will add another amount to the final cost of the product.

Hope that makes sense

I would also like to add a drop down box where the customer can indicate from where they heard about our site, the place i would like to put this is on the custmer delivery address page

Martyn

What i would like to do is in checkout add a line of text and a box that if ticked will add another amount to the final cost of the product.
    This is not possible I'm afraid. Once you are through to the checkout, the only extra charges are shipping, handling and tax - and they are not addable with a check in a box. You may have to think about having an extra product in the store (with a link to it in the checkout) for the additional charge.
    I would also like to add a drop down box where the customer can indicate from where they heard about our site, the place i would like to put this is on the custmer delivery address page
    This one we can do.

Open up the template called 'Act_Order02.html'. Locate the following lines...
    Code:
    	NETQUOTEDEL:GENERALPROMPT000
    	<tr>

<td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</td>
    		<td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
          <input type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
        </td>
    	</tr>
    	<!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->
    		<!--
    		<TR>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
    		   <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
    			</SELECT>
    		  </FONT></TD>
    		 </TR>
     	//-->
    Change them to read...
    Code:
    	<!-- <tr>

<td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</td>
    		<td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
          <input type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
        </td>
    	</tr>-->
    	<!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->
    		<TR>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
    		   <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
    			</SELECT>
    		  </FONT></TD>
    		 </TR>
    This will change the 'How did you find our site' question to a drop-down. You can edit this question in 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | General Information'.

Comment

Working...
    X