Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Sites

Hi

I'm running Actinic Catalog (at the moment), We sell lots of different things, old style sweets to ink cartridges. We are thinking about venturing into Stationary but having a different site. ie www.everydayonthe.net and www.everydaystationary.net. Using Actinic is it possible to link the two to carry the shopping cart across or would we have to input the stationary on the original website.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

does anyone know if this is possbile.
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

If you wanted two different sites, they would act as two different online stores - with separate checkouts and separate order processing facilities.

If you want to keep it all together you will need to put the stationery into the current store, and then maybe map the http://www.everydaystationary.net/ domain to the section with the stationery in.

You could use a frameset to add unique branding onto the front page of the http://www.everydaystationary.net/ store. Please be aware though you need to use a P3P polcy for your store to prevent IE6 from then blocking cookies from the store.

Comment

Having looked at the maths (££££££) it is cheaper looking over a long term to buy Developer as there is only one support fee. Two Catalog licences means two support fees.

I worked out that over a 5 year period we save over £600 by buying Developer rather than two Catalog licences.
        Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
        Bob Isaac
        Director/Web Admin
        Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Thanks Bob,

So do you run 2 sites then? How do you get round the 2 shopping cart problem.

Regards

Russell

Comment

you have a copy of developer to deploy 2 sites, and then use order manager to download orders

Comment

Thanks, i'll look into that.

Comment

Working...
              X