Customvars not displaying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customvars not displaying??

I have had an actinic website created for me by a third party company. I now want to add some customvars of my own. I have gone through the correct procedure of adding a customvar to Advanced/Custom properties. I have then put the new customvar in the template in caps etc - I have then added the customvar field to the relevant product, added a value and set it to 'use as customvar' - when I upload, instead of displaying the value it just says CUSTOMVAR:OFFER or whatever customvar I've created??? I have shut the site down and re-started it, I've even done a complete site refresh? Why won't it display the value?? When I put in one of the original customvars added by the design company in the place of mine, this works fine.

Is it possible to set it so that no more customvars can be added by the client or have I just done something wrong?

Please help

Many thanks

I have then put the new customvar in the template in caps
    Best let us know what template you are trying to use it in and post a snippet of the code around the customvar.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The fact that the actual variable appears, rather than just a blank space, indicates to me that either:

1) you are using the wrong variable name in your template. If you are using CUSTOMVAR:OFFER then the custom property name in 'Advanced | Custom Properties' needs to be 'Offer'.

2) You are trying to put it in a wrong template. There are three places you can define custom property values, and where you define them controls what templates they work in:

· In 'Design Options | Site Defaults' – the value can then be displayed anywhere within the Actinic site.

· In the 'Properties' tab of a section – the value can then be displayed within the section link into that section (using the 'Section Link Layout Template'), and also anywhere within the section page itself. This will override any value entered in 'Design Options | Site Defaults'.

· In the 'Properties' tab of a product – the value can then be displayed within the layout for that product (using the product layout template).

Comment

Working...
      X