Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Actinic 7 Beta be patched or replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Actinic 7 Beta be patched or replaced?

I'd be keen to download and start experimenting with Version 7 if it would still be usable after testing. Obviously its still in test mode, but is the test version usually upgraded to a working copy, or will it be more likely to remove the version and download again?

Reason I ask is that I'd hate to get `stuck into` working with it and then have to (possibly) start all over again.

How's it working out anyway testers? Any good additions that have you excited or even (favourite) bits that have been removed?

Maybe the (nice) Actinic people can give us an update as to the success (or not) of the initial test version.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

the whole idea of beta testing is just that, testing.

Therefore it can be a good idea to download and test it on your own site, but not a good idea to develop on it.

Its very nature of being beta means that there will be things wrong.

Therefore really you have the choice of testing V7 knowing that you may have to bin it, or just wait for the release version

Comment

Our policy is that the the beta test version ideally will become the full production release. If it doesn't then it 'should' be able to be upgraded to the full production release. However, we offer no guarantees that it will so you develop on it at your own risk.

The testing is going pretty well. We have found a couple of problems that will be addressed in the first couple of maintenance releases.

Comment

As a non-developer type who is almost complete with initial design of our V6 store, let me ask a potentially stupid question!

We will definitely be upgrading to the production version of V7 because of it's new features....

I will be able to import or migrate our entire existing V6 store and continue development in V7, correct???

Thank You!
        Peter
        http://www.pearlstrings.com

Comment

I will be able to import or migrate our entire existing V6 store and continue development in V7, correct???
          Correct - but I would advise you not upgrading straight away as there are always a few minor niggles in the initial release of any software package (just look at Windows 98 as an example...). I suggest waiting until the first maintenance release of Actinic v7 is out before upgrading (unless you are desperate for the new functionality...)

Comment

Working...
          X