Verify login stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify login stopped working

Strange... I can login to the site as a registered user ok.
    Then I go to purchase something which would either be on invoice or account and asks me to verify password which is, of course, fine. However, when I enter the password and click next, the page justs sits and waits a while before timing out and prompting for the password again.

Before you ask, yes it is the right password as it tells you if it is not. I have set up a new user just to make sure the accounts aren't corrupt. I read in another thread that you cannot turn off this feature (to verify password) though I'm sure that someone could bypass this in the .pl script. I did have a quick look but do not have the time to unravel the complexities of the script.

Your assistance, as ever, is gratefully received.
    Dan Mansfield

No great suggestions.

Sometimes when the order fails just before showing the receipt, it is a problem with the server trying to send an email message. You could try de-selecting 'Send Receipt Email To Customer' in 'Business Settings | Ordering' and see if that makes any difference.

Also, if you think you are dealing with a corrupt customer account list you could try deleting all *.fil files from the 'Site1' folder on your PC and from the 'acatalog' folder online, and then do a 'Web | Refresh Website'. Please note that your site will be out of action during the refresh.

Comment

I have just tried both but no luck.

I have raised a call with the helpdesk now anyway.

Thanks again,
      Dan Mansfield

Comment

Working...
      X