Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Field length

Hi all,

Is there any way of increasing the field length of the Section Names from 50 characters to say 70-80+? I seem to remember somebody suggesting using CUSTOMVARS but I haven't had much experience with CUSTOMVARS so far.

Do anyone know a good way of getting round this?

Kind regards

Granthams

The technique with custom properties is to use a custom property value in place of the section name in the section link.

To do this

1) Go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new entry in the grid called 'Section name' (or something).

2) Go into one of your sections and switch to the 'Properties' tab. Click the '+' to add a new row to the grid and select 'Section name' from the list. In the 'Value' field, enter the text you want to appear for your section. Ensure you select 'Use as CUSTOMVAR' (if the field is there to select).

3) Go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click the 'Edit' button next to the 'Default Section Link Layout' field.

4) Find where it says:

NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME

and replace it with

CUSTOMVAR:SECTION_NAME<!--NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME-->

Save, close and preview.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

That has fixed it. I haven't really had much dealings with CUSTOMVAR's so far but it has given me a few more ideas around the site.

Cheers.

Granthams

Comment

Working...
      X