Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pennys and Tax

Hi

I'm having a really rather annoying problem.

My tax on most products is £4.01 or £15.01 but some are £2.00, I know that its to do with the 'Buisness settings | Tax' but i'm not entirly sure what they all mean and who to make it work properly. Everything should be to the nearest 10 and at the moment it looks very untidy.

Thank you in advance.

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Has anyone else had this problem. Or is it just something that you need to mess about with until you get it right.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Hi Russell

The standard workaround is to change the 'Tax Treatment' of the problem items to 'Custom' and manually enter the correct amount of VAT within the product details.

Then go to 'Design | Text', click 'Go to' and go to prompt ID 229. Replace

%s at %s%%

with

%s<!-- at %s%% -->

in order to prevent the irregular VAT rates from appearing online next to your prices.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thank you for your response however. I had to change them all from custom because of an error where it would double the items VAT amount. I have around 2500 products on the system which is going to take me about 4 days to change them all and work out the VAT.

Should the system not be able to work this out?

Regards

Russell

Comment

Russell

Tax rounding is an area we are aware of that causes problems for some of our customers. It is all to do with the fact that Actinic currently only supports prices up to 2 decimal places - rather than the 4 that is required for accurate tax calculation.

If you are simply selling within the UK you could always consider not charging any tax, and simply entering the product values you want.

Alternatively, it is worth playing with the 'Tax Rounding' choices in 'Business Settings | Tax' to see if you get something that works better for you.

Alternatively, you can change the tax statuses of all products in one go by editing the 'Products' table in the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' database. Set up one product how you want it in Actinic, then find that product in the database, then clone the tax settings to all the other products. It should take you less time - make sure you do a backup first though.

Comment

thank you i'll try the rounding first.

regards

russell

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken

Russell

If you are simply selling within the UK you could always consider not charging any tax, and simply entering the product values you want.

I am only selling to the UK, so this could apply to me as i am having serious rounding off issues, is it legal, would there not be an issue with customs ans exise if you have no VAT on ur site?

Dieter

Comment

Unless your goods do not attract VAT or you are non-VAT registered then VAT should be chargeable - the Tax Man has big boots for kicking down doors to claim it's monies

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

So what u are saying is, if u are VAT registered, u can take all your VAT charges off your site?

Dieter

Comment

If you are VAT registered you must charge the VAT

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                    X