Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template alignment error

Good afternoon all,

I have created a custom template with the Product name, price, quantity and cart button in a compact rows type of layout.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the cart button to line up with everything else properly. It sits lower down than the rest on the line. Click here to view an example -

http://www.artdiscount.com/build/aca...folio_Wit.html

I am also wondering how I can close up some of the spaces to make it more compact.

Has anyone any ideas they could share?

Kind regards

Granthams

Try the cart button template as it may have a <BR> before the button.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,
      I was able to close up the space and get the button centered by:

1) In the table cell containing your cart button, there is text for a hidden field - "<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="v_467_1" VALUE="on">", and there is a "<BR>" immediately following that. Erase the <BR>.
      2) Also in the table cell with your cart button, there is a line starting with "<Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF". Just before and after the line is markup for a paragraph element: "<P CLASS="actxsmall">" and "</P>". Erase these also.

In terms of formatting, this does what you wanted. However, it may be that the paragraph element is there for a structural, rather than formatting, reason, so double-check that things work. Also, you may have to do this editing each time you upload the site, which would be tedious, to say the least. Someone more knowledgeable than I probably has a way to achieve the same results by editing a template so that you need only do it once...

HTH,
      Jim

Comment

or you could change the height of the add to cart button, add some white space at the bottom of it, thus pushing it up abit

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am getting there with the alignment of the cart button but I was wondering, if you have a look at the example page again -

http://www.artdiscount.com/build/aca...folio_Wit.html

The top product is nothing more than a product template with the cart button taken out and the 4 below it are the compact layout templates (but they are separate products). Is there a way to close up the bottom 4 products so they all sit together as if they are in a single table?

I have some products that have over 25 choices of products (and I can't use components, attributes and choices for another reason) and the compact layout will not be compact enough.

Kind regards

Granthams

Comment

The gap between your compact tables comes from the <table> definition surrounding NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK in Act_ProductBody.html.

Look for this line:

<TABLE WIDTH="500" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER">

Change the CELLPADDING to "1" rather than "10".

Comment

Cheers Chris

That has closed the gap between the products.

Kind regards

Granthams

Comment

Working...
              X