Padlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padlock

How do you get the SSL padlock to appear in framed sites?

Ive tried the SSL option for checkout page, and whole site but it doesn't appear during checkout..

Do you have to make the entire site SSL so that any reference to http is replaced by https?

If only the checkout is in the secure server then only that will display the padlock. To display the padlock all the time then you need to put the entire site in the secure server. If you have a large site this could reduce the page display time.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Have you tried selecting 'No Frames In Checkout' in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous'.

This will remove the frames and show the secure checkout in all its glory.

Comment

Getting closer to a final fix

Almost everything works properly now, but I've noticed that although the SSL padlock appears during checkout using non IE browsers, it doen't appear using IE6 they most common brower. From the buyer's perspective, that's critical.

In addition, I also find that "credit card details sent seperately" is always the default even though the better "fill in details" selection is higher in the payment selections box.

Could you have another look at discountsteam.com and comment. Thanks.

Comment

Your problem is that the 'BASE HREF' of your pages is set to http://www.discountsteam.com/acatalog/catalogbody.html. This is the value that Actinic uses to find all the images etc for the check out page. This means that the Perl files on the secure server are trying to load the logo image for your checkout pages from a non-secure URL. This means that you don't get the golden padlock.

Actinic should do this fine by default so I'm afraid there is something wrong with your settings. Could I ask you to attach a screenshot of your 'Normal URLs' and 'SSL URLs' tabs in 'Advanced | Network Setup'. Use the 'Alt' + 'PrtScn' buttons to get the screenshot and then just paste it into a Word document. Zip up the word document and attach it here.

Comment

Zip file

I set the entire site to SSL so I've only one page to send.

Should I, in fact, be using SSL only for checkout page?

Comment

Should I, in fact, be using SSL only for checkout page?
              Yes, absolutely. I assumed you were.

Enable the 'SSL on' and 'Checkout Pages Only' option in 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' and then try entering your settings in the two tabs you now have available to you in 'Advanced | Network Setup'.

You can use the help guide in 'Advanced Web Site Features | Setting up an Actinic store on both an HTTP and an SSL server' to help you.

Comment

Thanks.

It works now. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X