alt tags for images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alt tags for images

i have output images from fireworks complete with alt tags if i view them in ie6 from fireworks they work fine however actinic looks @ the short description where can i change this to look @ the image.

http://www.uksub.biz/acatalog/Hi_Vizcoats.html

Regards
    Simon Lloyd

I don't know if this will work, but its what I would try first. Go to act_productimage.html and remove this line

ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:ALTERNATETEXT"

it may be that by removing this, the image will be allowed to keep its fireworks tag

Comment

alt tags

no good thanks jo

it seems no one has an absolute answer to a straight forward question / actinic cant reproduce what i requrie i'm worried about this programmes functionality

suppose you get what you pay for
      Simon Lloyd

Comment

The HTML exported by Fireworks will include the alt tags for the images.

Actinic, however, will only look at the images and will ignore the Fireworks HTML - Actinic has it's own HTML and will not use Fireworks's.

What you can do is use custom properties to include your own alt text for your product images.

Edit Act_ProductImage.html and replace NETQUOTEVAR:ALTERNATETEXT with CUSTOMVAR:ALTERNATETEXT. Then save and close the template.

Then go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custom property in the grid called 'Alternatetext'.

Finally, go to your products and go to the 'Properties' tab. Add a new row to the grid and select 'Alternatetext'. In the 'Value' field, enter the text you want (and if you are using Business/Developer select 'Use as CUSTOMVAR'). Then preview and see your new alt text.

Most things are possible in templates with custom properties and a few template tweaks.

Comment

alt tags

Thanks thats opened my eyes a little, the penny droppped so to speak only thing is, the exercise of exporting all the images from fireworks has been done once. i will have to do it again

thanks again
          Simon Lloyd

Comment

Working...
          X