Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change page title?

Hi,

First post here so be gentle. I am just in the final stages of launching http://www.ache-relief.co.uk and want to change the page title of the home page as I believe the title tag is v. important re: search engines. At present it reads home page, and it needs to be more descriptive about the business.

If I go into page properties and change the title, it works but it also changes the link on the upper right of the page. I'm obviously doing something wrong, so can somebody point me in the right direction please.

The site still needs some tidying up and is running in test mode but feel free to have a look if you wish.
    Thanks
    ache-relief.co.uk:::: Pain Relief Online

It sounds to me like you're doing it right.

What is it doing to which link? can you explain a bit more.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I ned to change the title tag to something like : Ache-relief.co.uk - supports, braces and aids to help ease your pain.
      When I do this as described above, the link before "about us" also changes to the above text. I need this to stay as "Home Page" and only for the page title to change.

Comment

this KB tells you how get a unique title on every page within catalog

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...yout.html#a790

but you are talking about the brochure index page, I tend to cop out here and hard code the title into act_brochure_primary. Since most of my sites only contain 1 or 2 brochure pages you can get away with a couple of titles being the same.

the link which you talk about, is rather naff default behaviour from catalog

Comment

Thanks Jo, that did the trick.
          Should have thought of opening the template in dreamweaver and making the necessary edit to the code.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X