Actinic Link for Quickbooks 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link for Quickbooks 2003

I am working through an initial export of Actinic test orders to Quickbooks Pro 2002, using Actinic Link for Quickbooks 2003.

This pairing has already worked successfully on importing from the same QB file into Actinic (items, customers, etc.)....

Actinic Link is returning an error called:

"Type Mismatch"

and the export fails. There is no documentation anywhere that might lead me to a solution...

Any ideas???

Thank You!
    Peter
    http://www.pearlstrings.com

Hi there

Sorry about the delay in responding to this. I have passed this onto the development team for comment.

Could you confirm whether you are using the two-way US Actinic Link or the one-way UK Actinic Link?

Comment

Thank you Chris...This error has got me completely hung up on trying to do an initial export to QB Pro 2002...

I am using the US 2-way Actinic - QuickBooks - Actinic link...
      Peter

Comment

Hi there. Could I ask you to verify what version of Actinic Link for QuickBooks you are using. You can tell this by opening up the 'version.ini' file in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\QBooks'.

There is a bug which causes this error which is fixed in the latest QuickBooks link - the latest one is 1.2.1.

Comment

Chris...

In the Quickbooks 2003 folder:

ImportVersion=v1.2.1 DCEA
          ExportVersion=v1.2.1 DCEA

In the Quickbooks 2002 folder:

ImportVersion=v1.0.1 CDTA
          ExportVersion=v1.0.1 CDQA

But I have been using the 2003 version of Actinic Link to hook with my Quickbooks 2002 data....I can't remember why, but only the QB2003/Actinic program installed back when I initially installed Actinic Link....I do seem to have all the files for the QB2002 Link program...Could this be the root of the problem???

The export TO Developer works just fine using the 2003 Link....Just having problems with the import to QB...

Thanks for your help!
          Peter

Comment

I don't think you should have the separate folders - the installation of the QuickBooks 2003 Link should have completely replaced the 2002 Link.

Try completely uninstalling Link and removing all the program directories. Then re-install 1.2.1 (the 2003 link).

Comment

Uninstalled and re-installed from original disc. The previous installation was, I think, from a demo I had activated upon purchase.....Now a path of

C:\Program Files\ACTINI~2\QUICKB~2

contains the program files - for 2-way Actinic Link for QB2003 only.

I also placed the "DataFiles" folder from my previous ActinicLink profile in this folder - to see if I could run the new install with all the previous settings intact.

Now, when I attempt to start Actinic to QB Link, it returns the following error:

"C:\Program Files\ACTINI~2\QUICKB~2\export.mdb is missing"

And when I attempt to start QB to Actinic Link, it returns this error:

"Could not find file C:\Program Files\ACTINI~2\QUICKB~2\export.mdb"

but the program does load and the main menu is available - no profiles exist, and I could re-configure new settings (but have not done so yet)...

The export.mdb cannot be found anywhere on my disc...

???

Thank You!
              Peter

Comment

"C:\Program Files\ACTINI~2\QUICKB~2\export.mdb is missing"
                Yuk!

Check in Windows Explorer. Are the directories actually called 'ACTINI~2' and 'QUICKB~2' or are they called 'Actinic Link' and 'QuickBooks 2003'?

Comment

Yes, I know!

They ARE actually the hyphenated (or whatever it's called) name, NOT the full pathname/folder names expected....

Thanks again for your ongoing help...
                  Peter

Comment

What I think is happening is that the Actinic Link installer thinks that QuickBooks Link is already installed on your machine - and so is trying to do an upgrade rather than a full new install.

Try uninstalling again - ensuring that you are using the 'Add/Remove Programs' option in the Control Panel. If it asks you about removing shared components, remove all of them.

Once you have done that I want you to go to 'Start | Run' and run 'regedit'. This will open the registry editor for your PC and I just want you to check a few things.

Firstly, use the folders at the left to navigate to...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings

Is there an folder in there that begins with 'ActLinkQB2002'? Any other ones that begin with 'ActLink...'?

Right-click on 'ActLinkQB2002' and select 'Delete'. Do the same for any other folders in the 'VB and VBA Program Settings' folder that begin with 'ActLink'. Please be really careful doing this - if you are not sure you are doing it correctly, come back to me.

Then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\AccountsInterface

Is there a folder in there called 'QB2002'?

Delete this folder as described above.

Then try the reinstall again. If you are still getting the error, then attach the 'INSTALL.LOG' file from 'C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\QuickBooks2003' to this thread.

Comment

Used Windows Add/Remove which launched the Actinic uninstaller I had used before, but this time I did a "Custom" uninstall.

Then cleaned out all the registry folders - there was a QB2002 folder on the Local Machine.

Looks like that did it! Now both Links launch successfully (and wanted our reg key) - I'm going to have to build the profile again however - no big deal.

If I encounter further problems I'll re-post but I think that got it...

Thanks for all your help Chris - this support source is wonderful for us customers of Actinic...
                      Peter

Comment

Great news.

Hopefully the v1.2.1 you now have will not have the original 'Type Mismatch' error.

Comment

Working...
                        X