Product short description and embedded HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product short description and embedded HTML

I have on my site similar products that I would like to add their manufacturers code to the short description. This is to make it easier for the people in the shop to pack the correct product.

I have used the following format
    Some Company!!<&reg;>!! Some Product!!<<font size="1"> - Code 7891</font>>!!

This displays the Product in large bold text with the product code in small code at the end.

The problem is that although this displays well on the product page, I get 'Code 7891</font>>!!' appearing on the popup image and viewing the cart and at checkout, the embedded HTML characters are displayed rather than interpreted.

Is there any way round this, or is there a better way of getting the manfacturers code returned with the order.

Thanks in advance.
    PWagstaff

Hi,

I think the best way to do this is to use CUSTOMVARS to input the company and the code. Basically, you need to do the following:

1. Go to the 'Advanced' menu and select 'Custom Properties'

2. Create 2 custom properties (click on the '+' in the top corner of the grid) - one for Company and one for ProductCode - both set to 'text'.

3. Open your productline template (Advanced | Template Manager | Section tab | ProductLine button) and locate NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME.

4. Depending on the theme you are using you should see something like:

<span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>

change this to:

<span class="actregular"><b>CUSTOMVAR:COMPANYŽ&nbspNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME -</SPAN><SPAN CLASS="actxxsmall">Code CUSTOMVAR:PRODUCTCODE</b></span></a>

Save and close the file. (If you are using different productline templates for different products then you will have to make this change to all product templates).

5. In your product, just put the product name in the 'short description' field. On the 'Properties' tab (click 'Advanced' button' if you do not see the tabs) click the '+' in the top corner of the grid and select 'Company' from the 'drop-down' list under the 'Property' heading. Put the 'company name' in the 'Value' field. If using 'Business or Developer' then ensure that the 'Use as Customvar' option is ticked and decide if you want this value to be searchable on (Catalog does not have this option).

6. Do the same for the product code.

7. If you want this information to appear in the pop-up window then you will have to add the CUSTOMVARs to the template that you are using for the extended info pages.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracy for your help, I will try this.

Comment

Working...
      X