Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download time of home page on net

Hi there all,

I have a problem with my web, the home page of my web will not show 6 flash boxes on either side of the border of the page. This is even if i access the web from different machines on the same network and from different locations. I have had flash shockwaver installed on all machines too.

I dont know why they are not downloading on the home page, as i used to have 3 and added another 3 and now none load.

Can anyone confirm if the do or dont load please.

I was wondering if it was the download time, so i looked on dreamweaver and the download time in the right hand bottom of the screen said 113K/32sec. This sounds a little too long, i was wondering what speed this is quoating? In frontpage you can change the speed for diffrernt connection, so i'm not sure if this is set to broadband or 28k? Does anyone wnow how i can alter the setting?

The web homepage is: http://www.decorativextras.com

Any help from anyone will be great,

Thanks

Anil
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

I got 2 empty boxes each side with the red X. I have a Flash graphic on my homepage and that works OK, so it suggests the code is wrong somewhere.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

everything loads for me, although I find the movement very irritating

Comment

Loaded in COUPLE OF SECONDS BROADBAND. The animations need to be staggered
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Regarding the changing of connection speed/download time in dreamweaver. If you click on the details in the bottom right and select edit you will find a menu to adjust the connection speed.

This is based on Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Regards
          Nick Smith
          Web Developer
          extrinsica Limited

Comment

hi all,

thanks for all the help, i think i iwll have to cfheck out the code. Looks like all is ok though....false alarm.
            Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Working...
            X