Extended Information In Product Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information In Product Page

Is there a way to get the extended info to show up on the product page without having to click a link and have a popup cos im a popup hater :P Or like have more than 1 description. Cos im trying to make an online dvd store so for the full descreiption i got the movie sypnosis i would like more info for the dvd region and aspect ratio etc.. please please help

I think there's now a dummy product template that just displays the text that's entered.

Just place that below your product for sale and enter whatever you want into it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

what dummy product?

Comment

Product template: the bit that controls how your product looks and is described on the page.

Dummy product template: A template you can use when you want another description without an actual product.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

heh im still quite confused as to how to do it

Comment

Actually i just figured out what you meant and tried it but that looks stupid :/

Comment

You need to use CUSTOMVARS in the product template

Check the Advanced User Guide for details
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

i thought of a possible way, that would look ok i guess. Just shooting from the hip so ignore if u want.

In the Full Description in actinic you could use:
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                DVD SYNOPSIS HERE..............

!!<<br>>!!
                !!<<br>>!!

!!<<div id="dvdinfo">>>!!

YOUR INFO HERE.........

!!<</div>>!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then in the css file you are using (or should be using!) you could do something like:

#dvdinfo {width:300px; height:150px; overflow:scroll}

This way you could have the Synopsis on the top then as much as you want below it without it taking up a whole page and all the customer has to do is scroll up or down using the little scroll box you have created.

Like i say just firing from the hip rambo style, ignore if stupid.

Regards
                Nick Smith
                Web Developer
                extrinsica Limited

Comment

ok anyone got aby better ideas?

Comment

Or like have more than 1 description.
                    The variable NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT placed within your product layout template (normally called Act_ProductLine.html) will include the text within the 'Extended Information Text' field as part of the main product details - and so you won't have to use a popup.

Comment

thanks mate works great

Comment

Working...
                      X