catalogue links problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catalogue links problems

why does actinic catalogue have such a problem with link connections through the software? In other software packages hyperlinks are picked up as links - thus increasing your google and yahoo ranking.

But in catalogue, it doesn't even pick the site map up as references to the pages on my site, but just as an access routes.

Surely there must be a way of changing this so that hyperlinks are actually seen as links instead of just access.

Please can someone help. It would bolster my rating enormously. But i'm struggling to see how i could change this.

Is there a patch that i could aquire?

Cheers!

But in catalogue, it doesn't even pick the site map up as references to the pages on my site, but just as an access routes.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you explain again please.

Normally sitemap.html is a page which is linked to and links from without difficulty

Comment

more explanation

yeh thats what i mean. It works as an access but google doesn't pick it up as links that mean anything. they works as links in the site, but do not show up as real links that make any difference to my ranking.

They must therefore be a different type of link if that is possible but it seems silly.

Comment

the links on your sitemap page are ordinary links there's nothing wrong with them.

I still don't really understand what you think the problem is.

please give an example of a link that isn't doing what you think it should

Comment

the problem is that the links on this page don't act as if they are a link when google crawls the webpage.

thats the problem. And if they are normal links, they technically should.

have a look at my web page at www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/acatalog

Comment

David,

Maybe if we could understand why you think Google doesn't treat links on your sitemap page as links then we could give you a proper answer.

The simple and honest answer is that Google does treat them as links and somehow you've gotten a bit confused somewhere.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

the links on this page don't act as if they are a link when google crawls the webpage
              They seem normal links to me. Could you explain how you know that Google isn't following them?

Norman

PS I'm not sure if this is relevant but some of your page names start with rather a lot of underscores because of the fancy punctuation you've put around your catalog top-level name. Actinic replaces all non-alphanumeric with underscores so a name like ...::Whatever::.. becomes _____Whatever_____
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

you check your link popularity on various sites using their tools.

none of the search engines pick them up. while other similar sites seem to get plenty of references to their sites page throught themselves. Not external websites.

I've tried other ways of checking but nothing. which is disapointing considering our competitors get a higher rating because of their internal link rating.

Understand now?

I know its confusing but there must be a problem. Either a problem or a very silly programming error, because it is so vital to google.

Comment

david,

Google only show a selection of the total links they know about, the most important criteria being that they only show pages that have a minimum pagerank in the region of 4-5. Pages with a pagerank of less than 4 are never shown. This doesn't mean they aren't there, just that google doesn't consider them important enough to show in the list of backlinks.

Your home page has a pagerank of 3 and i didn't check but would assume that your sitemap page is only a 2. That's why none of the links are showing in the list of backlinks.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

ok thanks. thats maybe my problem.

Cheers all!

Comment

Working...
                    X