Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the same problem

Right,

I was having problems setting up a product that is a cd that i wanted two options for, one to mail order and one as a digital download. i was recommended the following.

Create your 'Album' product and then create a component within it called 'Selection'.

Then create a attribute within the component called 'Format' and create two choices called
    'Send CD' and 'MP3 Download' (or something).

You then need to create a separate product called 'MP3 Download' and fill in the
    'Digital Download' tab with the MP3 file you want to give people.

If you have no 'Digital Download' tab then you will need to purchase the Digital Download
    plug-in for £149. Select 'Hide on Web Site' for this product (in the 'General' tab) so it
    does not appear separately online.

Then go to the 'Selection' component and switch to the 'Permutations' tab. Click 'Fill List'
    and in the 'Product' field for your 'MP3 Download' choice, select the 'MP3 Download' hidden
    product. That way, customers will get a link to it after they order.

With regards to your other points, it is unfortunately not possible to tailor the checkout
    based on what the customer has ordered.

I was then told to set the weight of both products to 0kg, which i have done. When i go to buy the digital download in test mode i do not get any link to it. Also when i select the digital download on its own it gets listed twice in the product field at the checkout, once as the download and once as the actual product. I have selected hide on site. I have tested network settings and it does not work. I am now pulling my hair out trying to get this working as i was supposed to have it up and runing today. Can anyone help. I certainly hope i get some answers to this as i posted a question here recently and received no replies, i have bought this software within the last thirty days, am i entitled to phone support? If so how can i arrange it?

Andy

Oops - didn't spot this post.

I have put a thing to test as a reply to your original thread. Please check it out.

Comment

Working...
    X