Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Developer + QuickBooks question

Hey all,

I have been asked by my company to find out what I need to get Actinic linked up with our accounting software, which is QuickBooks.

We have version 2002 here, so if I am correct that meets the minimum specification - however there are a few things confusing me about the process.

After reading this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=quickbooks, I got the impression we need Actinic Business to use Actinic Link - but reading the complete feature list for the Developer version (which we have purchased) it seems we can use this with Link - is this correct?

Lastly, since I have the Developer on my pc (for development, obviously) and for order management within the business we have Order Manager - am I correct in thinking that I would have to link my pc to QuickBooks via Link to get the orders into it? I respect that our licence code for Developer is a 1-machine licence, and Link does not work with Order Manager, so I guess I would have to do all the Developer/QuickBooks integration?

Thanks in advance!

but reading the complete feature list for the Developer version (which we have purchased) it seems we can use this with Link - is this correct?
    Yes - absolutely. Developer is basically Business with multi-site capabilites, and some extra design features.

With regards to your other question, I assume you are in the UK and therefore are setting up the one-way link? This takes export files from Business and translates them into a QuickBooks iif import file. You are right in that Link is not compatible with Actinic Order Manager, but under the license terms of Actinic Developer, it is possible to install a second copy of Actinic Developer in your premesis with the same license key if all you need to do is download and process orders from an Actinic Developer site.

Comment

Thanks Chris, that helps no end! I didn't want to install a second copy just in case we invalidated anything!

With regard to the Link though, I suppose it makes sense for us to get the new v7 with its in-built Link, and use that (when I have migrated the site across). Luckily we're still in the infancy stages and haven't fully taken off yet, although it's starting to get quite busy...!

Cheers once again.

Comment

Yes - Link will be included in the price of Actinic Business shortly - though not until 7.0.1 is released as Link is not compatable with v7.0.0 at the moment. That will be in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X