Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good hosting companies

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good hosting companies that they have used for hosting actinic catolog with digital download and not had any problems with e-mail links or e-mail server problems.

Thanks Chaps.

Andy

I'd recommend 1and1 . I'm on the linux pro package and everything works well with Actinic so far
    Raymond Allen
    GraphicBiz
    ----------------------------------------
    GraphicBiz: www.graphicbiz.co.uk
    Order Rubber Stamps Online: www.custom-stamps.co.uk

Comment

I've been using the cheap £19 package at web-hosting UK to try out the evaluation version of Actinic Audio Store, in this case for digital downloads only. You can view the package options at:
      http://www.web-hosting.uk.com/

That's been doing the emails with no problem. Just read the help to find the smtp settings. Although I've never had a verbal response to a support ticket, the problems I report have always been mysteriously and quickly fixed.

Comment

are u any relation to ronan, or this hosting company??!!

Andy

Comment

thats actually a very very expensive deal Janet, you only get 50mb space and 500 mb data transfer per month for £19. I would expect and can get at least 500mb space and 20gigs of data transfer for that, plus a mysql database.

Andy

Whats the link to your site, would like to have a look and see your payment proccess.

Andy

Comment

www.medicirecords.co.uk

This is still just a test site, but there are real downloads, including free ones.

Comment

Oh not, I'm not related to Ronan at all. I'm a Keating by marriage only, and my husband assures me he's not related to Ronan either.

Neither am I related to the hosting company either. I just found them on an internet search. At £19 a year they're considerably cheaper than what I was paying in South Africa and delivering a lot more.

I work on small start-up sites and this is the first time someone has wanted some e-commerce. I look for low-hassle stuff, and this is low-hassle.

My client in this case is a singer-songwriter, but I don't think he's related to Ronan Keating either. However, you never know. Go back far enough we could all be related.

Comment

i had a look and mailed you at the address on the site. 13mb....would yu not zip them???

Andy

Comment

well you other host must have been charging an awfull lot in that case and delivering very little!!

Andy

Comment

I'm sure you realise that Janet's talking about £19 a year, not a month. After all, you did look at the specs.

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

silly me, i never get passed the price of something!!! I stand corrected, that is a very good deal indeed.!!! Thanks for putting it straight Older.

Andy

Comment

I'd like to say that we have been trying for about 1 month so far to get the digital download feature on v7 working with Clara host. It's still not working.

Comment

version 6

was it working in version 6? it works for me, i had to do a lot of sussing out though. i will e-mail u the name of the hosting company i use here is my addy substance@eircom.net

Andy

Comment

apparently the probelm with the digital download of the album, which is 73 MB is caused by the timeout Clara host have set on perl scripts, curretly 180 seconds. I can see this might be a problem with other shared servers and other companies.

Comment

Working...
                            X