Automatically updating CUSTOM VARs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatically updating CUSTOM VARs

I'm working on a catalogue that will have approximately 12000 products. Is there any way to automate the addition of CUSTOM VARs for each product directly? For example, is there a proven method to directly import data into the relevant table in the underlying Access database?
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

The only way from an import point of view would be via a Hierarchical import, for which you will have a demo of such an import file within your installed version of the software, so that would probably be the best solution for you.

Hope it helps..

Comment

TechnoWeb,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked at that method already but it's not ideal. I have a supplier datafeed imported into an Access database and am using that to create the necessary export files to Actinic. I was hoping to use some of the data to populate the relevant table in the Actinic mdb but really need to know the format/purpose of the fields.
      Pat Nelson
      vcommunity - the business to business network
      email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
      www.vcommunity.org.uk
      Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

From a few minutes poking around in ActinicCatalog.mdb it seems that Custom Properties are defined in the HTMLVariables table. Where nVariableID is matched against the ProductPropeties table field nValue1 (where nType of 3 means a Custom Property). What the other fields do I don't know.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I think the table is actually 'ProductProperties'. The 'nID' field tells you what type of data is in the row:

1 - searchable item
          3 - Custom property
          4 - Price schedule
          5 - Component
          6 - Attribute
          7 - Choice
          8 - Permutation

Comment

Working...
          X