No announcement yet.

Credit card surcharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(although it is better than not being able to surcharge at all)
    not really, we will lose all the debit card sales, so it is better NOT to surcharge at all. It also looks like the credit card surcharge doesn't even work properly if it only applies to the subtotal.

this was the major reason I paid the huge amount for the upgrade. My bill from Streamline was coming to ?150-300 per month so I thought I would get this back quick by simply upgrading.

When I spoke to you guys on the phone, I was never told this. Is there anyway I can return this upgrade and wait for the version that does surcharges properly.
    ________
    HONDA Z-SERIES
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

this was the major reason I paid the huge amount for the upgrade.
      Just to clarify, are you referring to v7 here?
      When I spoke to you guys on the phone, I was never told this.
      Are you referring to the fact that Actinic v7 cannot apply different surcharges to different types of credit/debit card? The problem is that if you are using a PSP (like Natwest Streamline) the customer selects their type of card after leaving the Actinic site, so the Actinic disounting functionality is no longer in play.

Some customers have worked around this by having the same PSP listed in Actinic twice - once for debit cards, and once for credit cards - although customers can naturally change the type of card they are using once they go onto the PSP. Anyway, if you would like to know how to do this, then let me know.

If you want to talk about returning the software, please call our Sales Team on 0845 129 4800.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
        yes, i upgraded to V7 from V6 yesterday.

I also have a SSL with actinic as well. Our orders are processed on a PDQ machine and not through an online merchant.

Therefore, if customers do select the wrong one, the terminal will tell you what card it is .i.e Visa , or Visa Debit before completing the transaction.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
        ________
        XLV750R
        Business Plus V9.0.5
        Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Could you please confirm whether you are using Shared SSL or whether you are using standard SSL?

I do have a Perl fix for this which works with standard SSL.

Comment

I not know what the difference is to be honest. But it says 'ActinicShared SSL' in the Payment part.
            ________
            Toyota Mark X History
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

That's a shame.

Basically, I have a Perl fix which means that if you select your card-type within the Actinic checkout then you can enable/disable the surcharge on a card by card basis. As you are using Shared SSL the Actinic store scripts will never know the card-type until the order is complete so there is nothing we can do.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
              X