2 versions for upload and download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 versions for upload and download

I am using the latest version 6 for uploading my site. I use a different computer for downloading orders, and this still has the original version 6.0.0. I have not updated this as it seems to work fine.
    My question is, am I losing anything by not upgrading this computer. Am I missing out on any features, bearing in mind it is only used for downloads.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian
    www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

It is advisable to keep the versions at the same level. To be honest I am suprised that it works I would have expected you to get a mismatched script error on the download machine.

I think that there were some changes in the reports between 6.0.0 and 6.1.4.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for that Jan. It definitely works ok, but it may be sensible to upgrade.
      I need to do a full upgrade, but keep all my customer orders. Can I upgrade and import a snapshot to retrieve customer information, or can I restore the DB file. This computer is only for downloads and does not have site files on it.
      cheers
      Brian
      Brian
      www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

I need to do a full upgrade, but keep all my customer orders.
        An upgrade to 6.1.4 will upgrade the 6.0.0 DB to 6.1.4 and retain all the orders no problem. I don't think you will need to use a snapshot other than to do a backup before doing the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X