Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal loses download link

Hi,

I'm doing an evaluation for a website that will sell only digital downloads. At the moment, the only payment option is Paypal.
    If I set the price at 0, I get a download link.
    If I use the suggested "Credit card details sent separately" for testing, I get a download link.
    If I use Paypal, when it puts me back at the site, I get no download link.
    So somehow Paypal is losing the download link.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Janet

If I use Paypal, when it puts me back at the site, I get no download link.
    The problem with PayPal is often the payment is not confirmed at the point when the customer is returned back to see the receipt.

In this case, Actinic does not display the link straightaway, and instead waits until the payment authorisation comes through, when it will then send the customer an email with the download link.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I will wait patiently and see what happens.

Janet

Comment

It's normally a matter of seconds/minutes before the payment is confirmed so if you have not had an email, it could be that there is a problem with Actinic sending emails from the online store.

Have you tested the store using the 'Credit Card Details Sent Separately' payment method (added in 'Business Settings | Payment and Security') to just test the download links, and the sending email functionality? Once you have checked those are both working, you can go ahead and try PayPal again.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I actually searched the forum quite extensively before posting, because I had found quite a few answers to other problems that way.

The download link works fine with free music, and it works fine with the credit card details sent separately. With Paypal there is no download link, not in the invoice that comes at the end, and not in the email.

I'm now thinking I read somewhere that Paypal doesn't support digital downloads, and that might be the real problem.

Thanks for your input
          Janet

Comment

Could you go to 'Help | About...' for me. Are you using 6.1.4 or something else? I ask because there was a change in 6.1.4 to get digital download links working correctly when coming back from PayPal.

Comment

Hi Chris,

This is 6.1.3 that I have, the evaluation version of the special audiostore version.
              Under 25 products.

Thanks
              Janet

Comment

You just need to install the patch to 6.1.4 to fix this. Register at http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v6/r_catv6.htm

Even though you will be using a 'Catalog' patch - it should upgrade your Audiostore with no problems.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I had just finished installing the patch when I got your reply. I decided to try it on the offchance that it would work. Tried the Nochex patch as well.

So I can tell you, and anyone else searching for an answer to the problem, that it now works perfectly! I got the download link in the invoice, and in the email generated by Paypal.

Now I just have to get Jonathan to refund all my Paypal transactions....

I'm very happy with the software and the support forum. I'll be telling Jonathan to buy.

Thanks for all your help.

Janet

Comment

Working...
                  X