Ability to order multiple components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to order multiple components

I am sure I am missing something simple here. I have components linked to products, the components can only be purchased if the product is purchased. This works fine but I want customers to be able to buy more than 1 (quantity) of the components. It seems that when I add a component I just get a check box to order 1 but I really want a drop down box so that more than 1 can be ordered. Can anyone help? Thanks : Dom

You're not missing anything - but you have hit a limitation of the component functionality.

It is pretty simple to get a drop-down for quantity and charge the right amount. To do this you just create an attribute called 'quantity' within the component and create a number of quantity choices. You can then go into the 'Permutations' tab of the component and click 'Fill List' and then assign correct costs to each possible quantity amount that can be ordered.

What this does not do, however, is debit the stock levels of associated products correctly based on the quantity ordered. If you want to do this, then you need to use separate components.

Comment

Working...
    X