Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping by length - wish list

Hi

could someone add to the wish list the option to ship by length of item, all i need is for the basket to look for the longest length of item.

exactly the same as by weight but instead of adding the weights together to get a total weight of items ordered it looks for the item with the biggest size and does the calculation on this.

Cheers
    Darren

Now that would be Cool

David

Comment

It would be nice to have the option of using the heaviest item as the determinator of shipping price rather than the total weight.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

Just a wild guess but this can be achieved by few line of changes in ShippingTemplate.pl (and using the weight field for length). Just look for the following bit:
        Code:
        		if ("" ne $::s_Ship_OpaqueDataTables{$::s_Ship_sShipProducts[$j]})	# If we have a weight
        			{
        			$::s_Ship_nTotalWeight += $::s_Ship_OpaqueDataTables{$::s_Ship_sShipProducts[$j]} * $::s_Ship_nShipQuantities[$j];
        			}
        		#
        		# If not, we use the default weight
        		#
        		else
        			{
        			$::s_Ship_nTotalWeight += $DefaultWeight * $::s_Ship_nShipQuantities[$j];	# Use default weight
        			}
        ...and change it to have the following instead
        Code:
              my $nNewWeight = ("" ne $::s_Ship_OpaqueDataTables{$::s_Ship_sShipProducts[$j]}) ?
        			$::s_Ship_OpaqueDataTables{$::s_Ship_sShipProducts[$j]} :
        			$DefaultWeight;	# Use default weight

if ($nNewWeight > $::s_Ship_nTotalWeight))
        			{
        			$::s_Ship_nTotalWeight = $nNewWeight;
        			}
        Please note that the usual disclaimer strongly applies here. I have typed the replacement code directly into the forum. Therefore it wasn't tested at all and of course Actinic doesn't support this change in any form (nor do I ). So you can apply only on your own risk (strongly recommended to backup the file first).

Anyway I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Zoltan
        Zoltan
        Actinic Software
        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Sorry, but the solution above doesn't work because the multi packaging. Some more tweaking is required to get it work what is not suitable for the forum.
          I leave this with Chris to add to the wish list.

Regards,

Zoltan
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

ok thanks for having a look

Darren

Comment

Working...
            X