V7 patch wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 patch wishlist

Hi Lads, V7 looks very nice. Can I ask for a few additions/alterations please for consideration?

1: More colours available on the Order Highlighting (Especially RED for suspect orders so they can be easily flagged)

2: Some decent templates. Most of the templates are the same as the ones shipped out with really early versions of Actinic. It would have been nice if there had been some fresh ones in there. Does anyone have a site with Actinic templates that can be downloaded?

Otherwise, V7 looks cool.... Just gotta wait now for the 7.01 to upgrade just in case my existing site goes Tits up. Has anyone successfully tranaferred over from V6.13/6.14?

have to agree about the templates and colours but definately like the extra options of adding items to order e.t.c.

have transfered my existing site from V6.01 to V7 an am running in a test area and everthing seems to be working well.

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Thanks Mark

I've added these to the wish list.

With regards to the order highlight colour - we did not include red as it is very hard to read text on it. The orange was a substitute for that.

Comment

I agree with tiggypig. Another half dozen templates/themes would have being good or even just getting rid of some dead wood might be better as these sites are still reflecting on Actinic.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I'm famous at last, I got my highlights suggestion included in V7. (i'll take my royalties in cash please Chris, hee hee.)

On the highlights issue, can we just have a deeper pink then Chris, something to make suspect orders or orders under investigation stand out? Red would still be cool, you can always turn off the highlight to read it if you cant see it but it would definatly make suspect orders flag up better.

I agree with Gary as well on the templates, these directly reflect on the Actinic product. The ones included are dated and tatty. A product as good as Actinic should have some belters for templates.

No use having a Porsche engine and a Fiat Tipo bodywork is it?

Can we have a clearout and some new ones included in a V7 patch please Chris?

Also: is the a V7 advanced user guide yet?

Comment

Actinic template design is my favourite pony!!

keep the clean layouts, keep the business css, ditch the rest

Comment

they need to be easier to find your way around and customise!
              I just keep getting lost!

regards

AndiC

Comment

Surely adding an accounts option (in the near future) could be a possiblity given the enormous financial leap to Business?

Pinbrook: I'm sure lots of folks would consider custom designed templates, at the right price of course...
                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi George

You've just given me an idea! I could build a site like http://www.coolesttemplates.com/

Umm...I wonder...

Comment

there are people that do that for actinic .. just there too costly!

AndiC

Comment

Bit like getting used to using Dreamweaver Jo, once you have, the world's yer oyster.

I think.

As an added bonus for you, I could be a beta customer.

Amazing.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

And a wee map showing what colour goes where...
                        Football Heaven

Comment

So, if someone starts up a site with altready to go ACTINIC temlplates, please let us know.

As previously mentioned, there are sites with them but they are just too costly.

I'd have thought ACTINIC would have thought a bit more about releasing V7 with some new templates though isntead of the old stuff.

So if anyones got some designs that are cool, windswept and interesting, I'm sure we can arrange a site to have them hosted and uploaded for use?

What do you think?

And any comment from ACTINIC about some new templates at all?

You can always include them in a patch lads.......

Comment

As previously mentioned, there are sites with them but they are just too costly.
                            What sort of cost are we looking at?

Comment

Gary Hay used to have an off the shelf theme site but I can't find it ATM. It was really nice. I think that he prices started at £40 (that is less than one set of racing bouncers on your site Mark!)- but I think that they were worth a lot more than that.

Another thing that you could do would be to provide custom product layouts etc, so you are selling just a single template that could fit into other themes etc. That would widen the market a lot - you'd have to do a lot of colours though to try and get them to match.

My worry about doing this is that you might end up with quite a lot of support work to do for it for a small amount of money. Having said that I got my first website theme from pixelmill and you basically paid for it by credit card and installed it and any problems I had were email only.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X