Logging in in v6 - odd display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging in in v6 - odd display

I've just tried the accounts in v6 (only got it recently). When I log in, I get a line that says "">Matthew JonesWelcome to Online Catalogue" (there really is no space, but the second part is in bold. This is nice I suppose, except that it is in black on dark blue. Neither colour is in my design colours. Is this a known issue, and what do I edit to change it into something a little better?
    Matthew

You can edit the prompt for this in 'Design | Text | Web Site | Customer Accounts' - in the 8th field down. The %s you see are the variables for your name etc. Try keeping these in order.

Comment

Chris, the text I have is as follows:

Code:
      <table border=0 width=100%><tr><td align=center bgcolor="%s">%s<b>Welcome to Online Catalogue</b>&nbsp;%s %s</td></tr></table>
      Given it is dark blue, I guess the order is wrong. Hmm indeed - this is what I am seeing in the actual served HTML:

Code:
      <table border=0 width=100%><tr><td align=center bgcolor="<SPAN CLASS="actwelcome">">Matthew Jones<b>Welcome to Online Catalogue</b>&nbsp;</SPAN> </td></tr></table>
      What is the default for this? This is a site recently upgraded to v6 developer from v5 Catalog if that makes any difference.
      Matthew

Comment

The default I have is:
        Code:
        <table border=0 width=100%><tr><td align=center bgcolor="%s">%s<b>Welcome to Online Catalogue</b>&nbsp;%s%s</td></tr></table>
        ...which looks remarkably similar to yours - but mine works.

To fix yours, replace the

bgcolor="%s"

with

bgcolor="#eeeeee"

or whatever you want as the shading behind the welcome message.

Comment

Thanks - I've set it to an appropriate colour and all is lovely again.
          Matthew

Comment

Working...
          X