problems since moving to linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems since moving to linux

Hello I was having the fasthosts upgrade to win 2003 incompatible with some configs of v4 problem, so I thought I had solved it (after a sweaty session with putty) by moving to a linux server. It works fine from my mac, from my pc operating xp pro and from my clients steam pc on win98. However one regular has this problem:

"I have tried the site again and can view the site put an item in the
    shopping cart but when I view cart top part of screen has box with small x
    in it cannot view any info. The words confirm and cancel can be seen but
    nothing else the screen is very pale.

My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition 2002, Browser Microsoft
    Internet Explorer V6. Virus protection is Norton Internet Security 2004
    Version7./Norton Antivirus 2004 Version 10.

I hope this explanation helps.... I have
    used the site on several occasions without problem."

Anyone got any ideas? I suspect it's the norton incompatibilities thing, but I ran the patch on the site before, when it was on windows nt. Do I perhaps need to run it again with the new server or what?

If you aren't sure if you have the final norton patch applied to your v4, then I would re-apply it.

I don't have a v4 site installed here otherwise I could tell you the version number it should be, it may be CBXA but I would get that confirmed

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Glad to see there are other people out there in the night...

Comment

I have checked that the site is up to date with the latest patch and it is. On the about catalog box it says v 4.1.1.0.0.4.CBXA.

Is there anything that might not have transferred in the changeover to linux? Or has norton added some new stuff to their latest firewall upgrade that might be causing a new conflict?

Comment

As well as updating to 4.1.1, you need to copy a couple of Perl scripts into your 'Site1' folder.

You will find the scripts HERE

Comment

Working...
          X