X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching with Drop Downs

Hi again,

We are having a little trouble with our site: http://www.jamm.uk.com

We are trying to use a drop down menu which acts as a search, but after browsing through 5 or 6 brands, it starts coming up with some javascript errors, and will not allow the search to continue.

Has anyone got any suggestions on a way of solving this?

Thanks in advance.

VolFish

Hmmm,

By changing the form to POST instead of GET, the javascript errors have dissapeared but it appears after browsing through a few brands the links stop working.

Is this a bug within Actinic 6? I am just looking at other actinic sites and in the search section I am putting through 7 search terms one after the other, and then trying to click on a link and nothing happens.

Anyone know about this?

It looks like the PREVQUERY just keeps on adding information into it, until it exceeds some kind of maximum character limit?.

Cheers,
    VolFish

Comment

I've been chugging away on your site searching and going to brands again and again and it seems to be OK.

One thing you can do to cut down processing in the search is go to 'View | Search Settings | Results' and untick 'Highlight Located Text'. This will then use straight HTML links for the search results rather than script calls.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I should have made it clearer that I did manage to get the navigation working ok without the errors, but did you try clicking on one of the results after about six or seven searches? They wouldn't work.

Not too worry though, as what you suggested works a treat, thanks very much for that.

Cheers,
        VolFish

Comment

Working...
        X