Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no support for .cfm page!!

Hi all,

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but why no support for the .cfm page extension. Actinic support cant help me with this unfortunately and its frustrating after waiting for the upgrade to see its still not a feature.

Support is there for all the other popular scripting languages like .php and .asp but NOT coldfusion.

If anyone know how I can get a page with a .cfm page extension without faffing on manually amending the page extensions let me know.

If any one at Actinic wants to explain why its not a feature I'm listening!

thanks in advance
    John

ColdFusion is popular in the US. Perhaps it is unknown in the UK. It is actually a nice alternative for scripting. I use it often myself. I see no reason for Actinic to exclude it.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

ColdFusion has a significant developer base in the UK and powers the websites and applications of many large uk organisations and sme's alike.

Cant understand why Actinic have not given it the same consideration as the other scripting languages thats all

Comment

I would think that Macromedia would require a license fee or some kind of payment.

PHP / CGI are open source and so free to use. If CF was added then then evryone would have to pay even if it was not needed.

You could I suppose supress the HTML from being generated and link everything to a CF datasource.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Macromedia would only require a licence should you decide to purchase the server software required to interpret a page with a .cfm page extension.

CF pages can be written in any old application you like. The issue for me is it uses a page extension like any other but its been excluded for reasons known only to acitnic. All I want to know is why?

Comment

All that is needed is to be able to use the .cfm extension. No license fees. Not much to ask for.
            Bob Ladden

Comment

John

I'll make a strong representation to the development team on your behalf and see what comes of it.

I don't know any reason why this could not be added to a maintenance release in v7 - but I cannot make any promises.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Chris. If it is at all possible it would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X