Authorising Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authorising Payment

This is a very simple and basic question.

At present we use Actinic with HSBC. We process the order in Actinic and the order duly moves to the completed section.

We then go to HSBC and process the order there to collect payment.

Is this double whammy necessary? Do we need to process the order on the HSBC site or would Actinic do this for us?

Many thanks,

Niall
    Niall
    www.highlandclans.co.uk

Actinic will not conduct a receipt of payment (in pre-auth) mode and then also conduct the completion of the payment with the OCCP.

If you do not want to pre-auth payments and want them deducted at the time of order with you, then you will need to speak with HSBC no doubt to confirm that they will allow or provide this option and then make the adjustment in the settings..

Most site pre-auth though, so that they complete the payment when they actually send the goods out

Comment

Thanks for that.

It is as I thought. We need to Pre-auth in the first step.

Many thanks,

Niall
      Niall
      www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

hshc set up

I have just subscibed to using hsbc clearing and it sounds as if you know what to do. I can set up hsbc within the business settings (Payment) then fill in the cpi hash and store info. Is tis all that is necessary or is there a anthre process that I need to go through.
        thanks in advance
        Charlie

Comment

Hsbc

When we signed up with HSBC they sent us a CD with several pdf files.

In these there is a mass of instructions. You need to follow them carefully.

From memory key points are to telephone HSBC and ensure that you have them activate your site in TEST mode.

Do the same with the Actinic Software - you set this up yourself.

Make VERY VERY sure that you enter the hash key correctly.

Ignore the HSBC instructions about the fields that have to be sent. Actinic does this for you.

If it works in test mode you are probably laughing. This should be a good indicator.

I hope this helps. Unfortunately I have a memory like a sieve. So having sorted the problem I have forgotten all about it. If you have problems I shall happily swat up again!

Incidentally we have now incorporated Norman's VERY neat menu on our site. http://www.highlandclans.co.uk. It makes a world of difference. As soon as we get some positive revenue we shall make our gratitude a little more substantial.

Regards,

Niall
          Niall
          www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks

Thanks for the help.
            Charlie

Comment

Working...
            X