Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of products on hierarchical import

Hi all,

When Actinic imports a hierarchical import file (update), the products appear in the correct section, but not in the same order as they were in the hierarchical import file. Does anyone know why this is or how to correct it? Using latest Actinic 6.

Thanks in Advance

Allen

If you use update, any products that are already there will stay in the same place - even when in a different section, others will be added to the end of the list. I don't think that you can change this - it is part of the update option.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      If you use update, any products that are already there will stay in the same place - even when in a different section, others will be added to the end of the list. I don't think that you can change this - it is part of the update option.

Regards,
      That's not what I'm seeing in this case. The new products get added in, I think in general, almost the right place, but one or two positions away.

I haven't tested this locally but could this be something as simple as the difference between 0 and 1 - ie. Actinic starts counting the positions in the section list from 1, but the database starts at 0.

Allen

Comment

Allen

I can't reproduce this. Could you perhaps attach the import file to this thread (or just a section of it) so I can test this for myself.

Also, are you manually entering product references, or having Actinic auto-generate them? I think in order to keep them in a set order you must be supplying Actinic with your own product references.

Comment

Working...
        X