Shipping Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Message

Please can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong if I reveive the following error code whilst trying to purchase online in test mode:
    'Select Shipping Destination - Your order has exceeded the shipping tables defined by the supplier, therefore it is not possible to calculate the shipping cost. Please contact the supplier with this information as they will be happy to process your order and will then be able to correct the shipping tables.
    Thank you.'

Big thanks,
    Nick

It sounds like your 'Excess' rules for your shipping classes in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' are set to 'Do not allow excess'.

Take a look and try changing them to 'Take the highest value in the table' or 'Add an extra X per Y'.

Comment

Thanks for this.
      I'm not sure if I've got the Actinic software confused here.
      I have 2 brands on my www:
      1 = free delivery over £125. Otherwise a £5 charge is made.
      2 = variable costs based on the weight of the product.

Is this possible with actinic?

For example, could it calculate a delivery cost on a mixed order (brand 1&2), less than £125 (eg. £50 of brand 1, £50 of brand 2 weighing 2 kilo, with a delivery charge of £6). Therefore there would be no delivery charge for brand 1 but a delivery charge on brand 2 of £6.
      Or do I have to stick to either 1 or 2 only as an option?
      I hope I have made this reasonable clear for a pretty complicated
      question.
      Thanks so far,
      Nick

Comment

I'm afraid you are stuck with 1) or 2) only as Actinic can only calculate shipping by weight, or by value, or both.

However, you can use the 'Free Over' option to waive all shipping charges if the order value is over £125.00. What you can't do is have the additional £5.00 charge separately - you need to charge by weight and add the extra £5.00 into your weight-based shipping classes.

Comment

Big thanks.
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X