Duplicate emails to client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate emails to client

Hi - my client prefers not tod ownload orders, but use the email that is generated.

They are receiving two - should I uncheck the "Email required on new order" box? Or, is there another setting that is inadvertently on, in addition to any default setting?

Thanks - James
    James Gladwin

In order to receive a copy of the customer receipt email, you need to select 'Send Receipt Email To Customer' in 'Business Settings | Ordering' and then enter a single email address in the 'Send Receipt email copies to' field. If you are getting two emails, that is a problem with your mail server - not Actinic.

Can I just add that I think your customer is being very unwise. Email is a notoriously unreliable system to build a business around. They would be much better to select 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' and 'Enable Data Entry Reports' in 'Business Settings | Ordering' and then just download orders and print outstanding data entry reports as soon as they come in.

Comment

Chris, thanks. I agree with your last point, but they are v-e-r-y stubborn.......... Best - J
      James Gladwin

Comment

Actually, I forgot to mention that one problem I have is that when I try to download orders before showing them, I get an error message that the server version is 6 DHBA and the client version is 6 DNNA - the server script is cinpatible with this version of Actinic...

It seemed to work until I installed the upgrade patch? Not sure.... any thoughts?

Best - James
        James Gladwin

Comment

You need to make sure the uploading machine and the downloading machine both have the same version of Actinic installed (i.e. 6.1.4).

If you are using the same machine for upload and download then try the following:
          a) Go into the 'Original' folder within 'Actinic Ecommerce v6'.
          b) Copy all the *.pm and *.pl files to the clipboard.
          c) Paste these into your 'Site1' folder.
          d) Go to 'Web | Refresh Website'.

Hope that works for you...

Comment

The email isn't always sent out, for example in my catalog I only receive an email if after entering credit card details into worldpay the customer clicks on the view receipt button.

We have a product that automates Actinic called One Stop Automation, this can be set up to download orders at timed intervals, and then email a copy of one of the standard Actinic reports out to someone, this would be a much more reliable way of handling your customers requirement to receive order details via email and it should be fool proof. You can find more details and a free trial version at

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X